Carer Grant Guidance Notes
THE 3H FOUNDATION – UK HOLIDAY GRANT FOR CARERS
The 3H Foundation awards grants to carers, on low income, to help them to organise a break for themselves in the UK.
The grant programme is funded by the generous donations of charitable trusts, businesses and individuals. If we are unable to help you because we do not have the funding, please check our website for updates on available funding or telephone the office on 01892 860207.
- Grants are generally awarded of between £250 & £550.
- Funds are restricted and grants are awarded at the discretion of the Trustees.
YOU MAY APPLY IF YOU ANSWER YES TO THE FOLLOWING
- You are the MAIN UNPAID CARER (no age restriction).
- You are having a break WITHOUT THE PERSON YOU CARE FOR; therefore you have respite from your caring role.
- You have lived in the UK for 6 months or more.
- You have a total low household income of £35,000 or less. This includes the income of all persons in your household.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the on-line application form, ensuring all questions are fully completed. Alternatively, a hard copy can be printed from our website.
AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED
- If you meet our criteria, and we have funding available, you will be contacted by us within 4 weeks of applying. (Times can vary considerably depending upon the volume of applications we are dealing with). At this stage we will require evidence of your TOTAL household income (all family members), see below.* This will need to be received by the date given in your letter, otherwise your application will be cancelled. If you have a problem meeting the deadline, please let us know. Once all the requested evidence has been received and assessed, we will contact you with our decision. This can take up to 4 weeks.
- If you are awarded a grant, please let us know that you wish to accept it. Grants promised may be accepted by telephone, email or letter.
- You are then able to arrange your holiday. Please note that we do not book holidays on behalf of applicants. When you know the payment details, please let us know.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to remind us when payment becomes due. Please note that payment is made direct to the holiday company by bank transfer. We cannot issue payments direct to the applicant. (For private rentals please provide evidence of ownership.)
- Grants are for the accommodation part of a holiday only;
- Only one grant may be awarded to a carer within a grant programme year.
- Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions – These can be found on our website.
- Main Carer – this could be a letter from a medical professional, e.g. GP, Health Worker, Social Worker, Hospital etc. It must state your name and that you are the main carer. Alternatively, details of your carer’s allowance.
- Low Income – Income Support, Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits, ESA, Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance, DLA/PIP
- Bank Statement – 2 months bank statements will be required. These must be recent copies and clearly show the account holder’s name and address.