Guidance Notes For a Disabled Person Grant
THE 3H FOUNDATION – UK HOLIDAY GRANT
The 3H Foundation awards grants to disabled people and carers, on low income, to help them to organise a break for themselves in the UK.
The grant programme is funded by the generous donations of charitable trusts, businesses and individuals. A lot of funding we receive is for specific geographical areas. If we are unable to help you because we do not have the funding for your area, we suggest you check the grants page our website for updates on available funding or you can telephone the office on 01892 860207.
- Grants are generally awarded of between £250 & £550.
- Funds are restricted and grants are awarded at the discretion of the Trustees.
YOU CAN APPLY IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- You are mentally or physically disabled (there is no age restriction).
- You have lived in the UK for 6 months or more.
- You have a total household income of £35,000 or less. This includes the income of ALL persons in the household.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the on-line application form, ensuring all questions are fully completed. Alternatively, a hard copy can be printed from our website.
AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED
- If you meet our criteria and we have funding available, you will be contacted by us within 4 weeks of applying. (Times can vary considerably depending upon the volume of applications we are dealing with). At this stage we will require evidence of your disability and ALL household income,* see below. This will need to be received by the date given in your email, otherwise your application will be cancelled. If you have a problem meeting the deadline, please let us know. Once all the requested evidence has been received and assessed, we will contact you with our decision. This can take up to 4 weeks.
- If you are awarded a grant, please let us know that you wish to accept it. Grants promised may be accepted by telephone, email or letter.
- You are then able to arrange your holiday. Please note that we do not book holidays on behalf of applicants. When you know the payment details, please let us know.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to remind us when payment becomes due. Please note that payment is made direct to the holiday company by bank transfer. We cannot issue payments direct to the applicant. (For private rentals please provide evidence of ownership.)
- Grants are for the accommodation part of a holiday only;
- Only one grant may be awarded to an individual/family within a grant programme year. If you are awarded a grant, you will have to take a two year break before applying again.
- Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions – These can be found on our website.
To ensure we have a fair and unbiased decision and selection making process the following criteria is assessed for all grant enquires:
- Funding – 3H often receives funding for specific regions, age, or disability, we first need to determine if we have funding available for the applicant.
- When the last holiday was taken Priority 1 – No Holiday, Priority 2 – No holiday in the last 10 years, Priority 3 – No holiday in the last 5 years, Priority 4 – No holiday in the last 2 years.
- Number of family members who have a disability: Priority 1 – Multiple members with a disability, Priority 2 – One member of the family with a disability.
- Grants will only be awarded to household close family members and a carer attending the holiday. Friends or those outside the household, who will be joining the family on the holiday, should not be included on the grant application form.
Disability – this should be a letter from a professional outside of the family, eg GP, Health Worker, Social Worker, Hospital etc. It must state your name and disability. Alternatively, we can accept a copy of your GP patient notes. DLA/PIP will not be accepted as this doesn’t state the disability.
Low Income – Income Support, Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits, ESA, Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance, PIP/DLA.
Bank Statement – 2 months bank statements will be required. These must be recent copies (dated within last 4 months) and clearly show account holder’s name and address.